Saturday 14 January 2012

JUST A LITTLE SLIP - SUNDAY 15 JANUARY 2012

So I started my weekend off great with me attending a double class at my gym of body attack and body pump....Came home, planned the weekly meals, did the shopping and was even contemplating going for a 5 km run in the afternoon....3.30pm came along, and I forgot to eat my usual snack.....4.00pm rolled along and whilst eating a snack packet of chips, I had convinced myself that I would not go for the run, I would get take away for dinner....Takeaway was purchased for dinner, even got some pistachio gelato for dessert.....Outcome bad pains all night and a touch of diarrohea....Fast forward to bed time, I felt as if I was going to explode...I said to my husband that I need to remember this feeling when I am thinking that I want to eat 'crap' food.....Do you know what I have worked out...The crap food does not even taste as nice as healthy food...and another negative thing is the feeling that you feel afterwards....So whilst laying in bed, I told myself that I was going to not wake up in the morning and eat unhealthy....In the past, if I had a little slip like this, there would be an avalanche where I would be on a self destructive path of eating and no exercise....I set the alarm at 5.30am and convinced myself I was going to go for a run at our fitness trail.....

Fast forward to 5.20am, I awoke, went to the toilet (still suffering a little of the effects of the food binge from the night before) and noticed that it was raining (well you couldn't really call it rain as it was quite light, but still any reason not to go)....went back to bed, turned off the alarm and thought I would go back to sleep only to be told by my husband, 'come on lets go, it's not raining that much and by the time we get there it will be fine'.....So up I got, dressed and we drove the 25 minutes to the fitness trail...When we got there, it was a beautiful and cool morning, with no rain in sight....my husband took our hyperactive kelpie pup for a jog around the track, whilst I proceeded to exercise.....Four laps, approximately 6.28km, 493 calories and 59minutes and 31 seconds later, I was feeling exhausted, but energised.....Going around the track, especially when the hills and stairs came up, I thought about stopping, but I didn't, I told myself I would not stop till I got to an hour.....

My goal for this week was to attempt to eat more days of healthy food....last week I managed to eat healthy 4 out of 7 days, this week, so far I have managed to eat healthy 3 out of 4 days.....I know I can eat healthy for the remaining 3 days.....Although I had a slip and ate 'crap' food that was not within my calories for the day, I will not dwell on this, but acknowledge that I did it, learn from why I did it, implement a new strategy for not doing this in future (I will do as I did earlier in the week and distract myself by either doing a chore, or telephoning someone.....Perhaps by coming onto facebook and reading how wonderfully awesome others are doing may help me re-energise my enthusiasm and stop myself from eating)....and move on....

I am so keen and excited for the 12 WBT challenge to start and can't wait till February....I am nearly as excited for Preseason to commence in one sleep (not that I'm counting).....let the fun and games begin.....

ying in bed at 10.30pm, with the sorest tummy and I just felt like exploding......Leading up to going to bed, I had bad

No comments:

Post a Comment