Saturday 14 January 2012

CHALLENGES ACCOMPLISHED TO DATE

A Personal Trainer from the gym I go to has set up a facebook events page, titled 10 Weeks Challenge....this challenge commenced on the first Thursday after Christmas.....I was not as good as some, so I didn't really come on board until the beginning of January 2012...This group is very similar to the Michelle Bridges facebook groups that are out there....every one who was invited to particpate will offer support and encouragement and sometimes advice to others....Weekly challenges will be posted to motivate everyone to exercise...

The first challenge was running up the Waterfront Stairs from 5 to 10 times......I did this challenge last Saturday 7 January 2012...Now most people would not know what these Waterfront Stairs entail, but it is about 111 stairs that just go up and up and up....So I set out not even sure if I could manage 5 times of these stairs.....I finally managed, after nearly having a heart attack doing 5 times....there was no way I was even going to contemplate doing it anymore as I was sure I would die.....


I managed to do 5 times up and 5 times down (and let me tell you the 5 times down was sooooo much better than the up) in 15 minutes and 7 seconds and burned 175 calories.......(God how I love my Polar)

The second challenge was to do 2 to 5 times of the Fitness Trail......I did this challenge today (Sunday 15 January 2012) and managed to do it 4 times (Don't ask me how I managed to do it 4 times as I was convinced at the beginning that I would only be able to do it 2 to 3 times)....The Fitness Trail has a lot of hills that just keep on going up and up and up (and when you think that it can't go up anymore, it bloody well does) and a few stairs at the end....




 


 


This challenge saw me complete 4 laps of the trail, burning 493 calories and covering a distance of 6.28km....Not a bad effort for someone who thought they could not do anymore than 2 to 3 laps......and who thought they were going to explode the previous night......

Oh another challenge that was self inflicted was having to either run, walk or bike 128 kms by the end of February....I am down to 40 kms.......Have only been doing it for a week, and have managed to complete 88 kms already.....how awesome am I (jokes).......

Bring on other challenges...

1 comment: